Want to feel even better about donating to Open Arms? Follow the steps below to claim your charitable tax credit in Arizona.
We are both a State of Arizona (authorized AZ Tax Credit Organization #20738) and Federally recognized Non Profit 501c(3) #86-1040036.

1. Donate to Open Arms

If you're filing your taxes:

  • As "single" or "head of household", you can claim a tax credit up to $400.

  • As "married filing jointly", you and your spouse can claim a tax credit up to $800.

2. File your taxes

Visit the Arizona Department of Revenue website to download:

  • Form 301 (Nonrefundable Individual Tax Credits and Recapture)

  • Form 321 (Credit for Contributions to Qualifying Charitable Organizations)

Fill out both forms and include them with your tax return to claim credit.

3. Get your credit

The State of Arizona will either add to your refund or deduct from what you owe—dollar for dollar—the amount you donated to Open Arms.



Prefer to deduct your donation from your federal taxes?

We qualify as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, which means you can deduct donations to Open Arms from your federal taxes.

If you want to deduct your donation from your federal taxes instead of claiming a tax credit on your state taxes, you'll need Form 1040, Schedule A, which you can download on the IRS website. Fill out the form and include it in your federal taxes.



Have questions?

For more info on claiming your Arizona charitable tax credit, visit the Arizona Department of Revenue.

For more information on deducting your donation from your federal taxes, visit the IRS.